As of June 8th, 2020, for the fifth day in a row, Florida has reported more than 1000 new cases of COVID-19. This terrifying trend resembles the number of reported outbreaks in April when the virus was at its peak. More than 64,000 people have been tested positive for COVID-19, and the numbers are expected to rise. As protests continue and Governor DeSantis’ Phase Two plan roles out, our community of seniors must continue practicing social distancing and excellent hygiene. Here are a few tips to help you protect yourself and others:
- Learn how the virus spreads
- Consistently wash your hands with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds)
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth especially when outside
- Avoid close contact with people especially those who are sick or who live outside of your home
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask or cloth
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Clean dirty surfaces
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces every day.
- Watch for symptoms in yourself and others
- Take your temperature if you feel sick
The world is taking the risk of opening back up in hopes of pulling our nation out of this sudden recession. But we cannot forget that our community is still under attack by an invisible enemy. Take care of yourself and your family by practicing social distancing and by following the guidelines above. We will all get through this together, but we all have to do our part.
These guidelines are recommended by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
If you would like to receive a copy of the OurSeniors.net Magazine, call 386-200-5444 or click Subscribe.
For information about any senior-related need, you may contact an OurSeniors.net Advisor by phone at 866-333-2657 (se habla Español), or by using Contact Us. Take an online look at our senior living magazine, OurSeniors.net Magazine. You can view the entire OurSeniors.net Directory of Approved Vendors at OurSeniors.net Approved Vendors and Partners.