As we age, our personal, financial, social and other needs change. A mature adult would not go to a pediatrician for medical care; he or she would look for a doctor with experience and skill treating mature patients. The same logic should apply to choosing the services of attorneys, financial specialists or other professions.
Real estate is an important area of professional service to our seniors, and no one understands this better than OurSeniors.net, its Senior Transition Pro Team and Approved Vendors. The realtors and real estate sales people associated with OurSeniors.net fully understand the special needs of seniors when they buy or sell real estate. Seniors demand special professional expertise in a medical practitioner, so why not in a real estate professional as well?
There are a number of unique qualities in real estate transactions that involve seniors, including these-
- Unlike younger clients, seniors often have a very considerable equity in their homes and this is frequently a considerable portion of their net worth.
- In many cases senior clients are seeking to downsize homes as needs change.
- Seniors may be more interested in taking equity out of real estate or converting it to an income stream.
- There are special issues facing seniors, possibly including family members and caregivers.
- It may be necessary to modify some real estate practices to meet the special needs of older adult clients. These may include home staging, showing policies, e-signing and closing procedures.
- Some transactions require collaboration with experts or contractors who provide non-real estate related specialized services such as handicap access, etc.
- The realtor or sales agent must have an appreciation for older adults and their challenges, placing the senior’s interests above all other considerations.
The realtors associated with OurSeniors.net have demonstrated a proven sensitivity to the needs of the senior market. You can view some of these professionals and learn about their backgrounds by following any of the following links-
- Barbara Andersen, Broker/Associate at Charles Umpenhour Inc Real Estate in Palm Coast Florida.
- Bill Navarra, Broker/Owner of Realty Pros Assured in the Ormond Beach and the Greater Daytona Beach area.
- Cleve Loveland, broker/owner of Loveland Properties in Orlando and throughout the Central Florida Area.
- Nora Strong, Sales Associate for Realty Pros Assured in the greater Volusia County and East Flagler County areas.
Like all of the OurSeniors.net professionals, service providers and business owners, these real estate pros have a special interest in serving the needs of the senior market. OurSeniors.net is a complete directory of all-things-senior solutions and opportunities. Look to OurSeniors.net to find senior home care, senior assisted living, in-home senior care, retirement communities in Florida, or 55+ communities in Florida. OurSeniors.net is the place to start when you search for a Florida attorney, Florida CPA, financial advice for seniors or a senior real estate specialist.
You can contact an OurSeniors.net Advisor by phone at 866-333-2657 (Se Habla Español), or by using this contact link- Contact Us. Check out our website at OurSeniors.net and take an online look at our senior living magazine, OurSeniors.net Magazine.