Are you tired of the same old routine? Want to spend more time with your grandchildren stuck at home? Then set up a play date with your grandkids! If you’ve ever seen children on a playground, you will know how much they love to run around. A few hours outside with the little humans will surely get your heart racing.
Moving around and being physically active comes naturally to children, so it’s an excellent motivation to move around. The best part is that playtime will benefit you and help them. Swimming in a pool or climbing to the top of a slide encourages your grandchildren to a lifetime of being active, especially during this digital age.
Here are six ways you and your grandkids can stay active together:
- Take them for a nature walk around your neighborhood or local park.
- Play a video fitness app together and see who wins!
- Go for a bike ride, don’t forget your helmets!
- Build a magical fort—indoors or out.
- Play soccer, basketball, or even ping pong!
- Make chores, fun! (Ex: Have a scavenger hunt with a list of everyday items.)
Participating in physical activities you enjoy supports healthy aging and promotes family bonding! Whether you play team sports or take brisk walks with your grandchild, it counts as exercise if it gets your heart pumping! Just remember to stay cool and hydrated. So, skip the motivational books for today and phone your grandchildren. They’ll be all the inspiration you need to stay physically fit and active this summer.
For more tips on how to stay active with your family this summer, click here.