On January 31, Finding Assisted Living held the first in a series of educational programs designed to inform the public about the challenges they will face when transitioning into a senior lifestyle. Finding Assisted Living is a Florida-wide directory of professional and business people who are concerned with a wide range of issues affecting seniors, their families and loved ones. This network’s purpose is to provide accurate and trustworthy information for people who are moving into their senior years.
The challenges they face may vary from selling a longtime residence to settling legal and financial affairs to finding a new and satisfying lifestyle. No one professional or business person could be knowledgeable in all of these areas. Instead, Finding Assisted Living has assembled a network of professional practices and business people who are able to deal with all of these challenges.
The presentations included:
- Attorneys Ms. Wendy Mara and Mr. Robert Abraham who spoke on issues such as wills, trusts, powers of attorney and medical directives.
- Mr. John R. Dickinson, CPA, covered accounting topics including the tax status of Social Security benefits and medical expense deductions.
- Senior placement consultant, Shiela McKay-Vaughan, described her important role in helping seniors transition to a new environment.
- Realtor, Bill Navarra, spoke on marketing your home or locating the best new one.
- Ashley Bigg, Vice President of the Ormond Beach Branch VyStar Credit Union, described the unique advantages of credit union membership and how it can benefit seniors.
Finding Assisted Living thanks the staff of Tomoka Christian Church for the use of their facility and the luncheon served. FAL looks forward to continuing to educate the public through future speaker-based programs and its web outreach at FindingAssistedLiving.com.