It’s been a difficult few weeks with this quarantine, but as long as you are being a good citizen and sticking to local orders, you should not let this time get you down. There are so many hours in the day that can be spent connecting with loved ones, learning a new skill and getting in some daily exercise.
We know that daily exercise is important for our health and wellbeing, but where do we begin? Since the gyms are closed and many of us do not have walking trails near our homes, it can be difficult to be motivated to workout indoors. There are a few things you can do to get yourself started.
- First, find your ideal place for your at-home workout. Make sure there is plenty of space and that it is near a window where you can get some vitamin D and feel like you are outside.
- Second, obtain any props you want to use whether it be water bottles or canned goods as weights, a stable chair or anything else that will help you with your workout.
- Third, pick your workout! There are so many to choose from such as:
- The on-demand sample workouts on the Institute for Aging YouTube channel
- The on-demand active senior workouts on the YMCA YouTube channel
- The daily live-streamed Blink Fitness classes on Facebook at 8 a.m. EST
- The on-demand senior workout videos from The Body Coach TV YouTube channel
- The on-demand senior workout videos from HASFit YouTube channel
No matter what you do, just make sure you get up and move every day! This is not the time to let go of your routine or the things that keep you healthy. Now is the best time to cultivate positive habits and keep things moving forward!